Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve - 2016!

WHEW!!  I made it!  Holy smokes, what feels like 837 blog posts later I'm caught up!  While there is no written rule anywhere for these to be done at year end I do put the pressure on myself to complete the task.  I try to print these books every couple of years and it usually ends on the even years.  So I'm really, really thankful that at the end of 2016 these posts are up to date.  I was waaaaayyy behind but did my best to remember details of each event as I posted it. 

For New Year's Eve the past few years the kids have been home with a babysitter or at Grandma and Grandpa's in WaKeeney.  That has been wonderful and the kids were young enough it worked just fine.  But this year they really wanted to do something together and our normal event of going to the Club was not taking place again.  So it was the perfect year to have a family-friendly party with the neighbors.  I'm standing at my dresser, typing these posts as I've done my hair, changed clothes, etc. determined to get this post up and am now ready to round up the troops to head across the street to the party. 

For the most part I get a real vibe that everyone across America is happy to see 2016 pass.  It was a stressful election, Donald Trump is now our President-Elect and Barack Obama is almost out of office.  There were many, MANY celebrity deaths this year.  And everyone is just kind of in a funk.  Royce and I just talked though, and we both agreed that not much of that trickled into our household.  We had many great accomplishments this year, many huge strides as a family, and overall we faced 2016 just as we had faced any other.  Our twins are older and now in full-time school which has matured them quite a bit and it shows at home.  They are growing so fast.  Chloe got to move her horse to Hays and we've enjoyed letting her have access so often to him.  Isaac's biggest growth has been in overall maturity, but broken down into sports knowledge and sense of humor as well.  In all of his sports so much *clicked* this year for him.  It's awesome to watch the wheels turning in his head as he figures out new plays and purposes for offenses and defenses.  He is also able to laugh at himself regularly now and not get frustrated or defensive at a mistake or goofy mix-up he may make.  He enjoys laughing at himself and that shows great maturity.  We are so blessed.  We do the best we can, praise God each and every step of the way, and just keep chugging along. 

I'll post any pictures I have of the night, if I take any that is.  I've really tried to just enjoy some of the situations we are in instead of viewing it through a cell phone window.  Pictures are great and clearly we have plenty of them.  But now at school concerts, sporting events, and family functions I really just enjoy absorbing the moment and catch every detail in real time.  However, if I'm able to grab a kiss from my son at midnight...something he may not realize is tradition...I'll be sure to get it caught on camera! 

Happy New Year!



Signed,

Megan, Meg, Mom, Momma, Aunt Meggie, Sis




No comments:

Post a Comment