Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A-melia

I'm just putting out there, for the record, that at this moment in time our 5 1/2 year-old kindergartener "Uh-melia" wants to change her name to "A-melia".  A long 'A' sound all the way.  Not sure why, but she is kind of upset at Royce and I for naming her Uh-melia.  So, he and I are doing our best to remember her wishes....until this little phase passes. 

It's quite funny.  And I'm confident it comes from spelling and pronunciation of letters at school. 

And a funny story about A-melia.  She was bee-bopping through the house a few weeks ago just as happy as can be and she stopped by me in the kitchen and just cheerfully asked, "Sooo, who's your favorite kid?"  Kind of like a parent might ask their kids who are breaking the rules "Sooooo, whatcha doin'?"  It was that same tone.  I laughed out loud at her question and said that Mommy and Daddy don't have a favorite!  She laughed and said, "Oh, right, right.  But really...who's your favorite kid?"  I seriously laughed some more and I said that they were all my favorites.  She finished her own story by saying "When I'm a mom I know who my favorite will be.   The boy kid."  This girl sure does love her boys!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment