Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall bargains

I had some good luck at garage sales this spring and just now found the time to use my bargain finds in my home.  My best bargains were on canvasses.  This first canvas I found for $1.  It is a big, durable canvas that would have been at least $20-$25 at the craft store.  It had a picture of a French lady and the Eiffel Tower on it.  It was really pretty, but the picture didn't fit anywhere in my home and the canvas was too good of a steal to resist.  So, away went the French lady.  Instead I decided to paint a Halloween specific picture for our home!  I like decorating for Halloween.  I'm not over the top, but I like it.  And in our den/fireplace room we have good places to change out seasonal pictures.
Here is our Pumpkin Patch! 


During Halloween it will go above the fireplace so all of the Halloween decorations on there can be together.  Ahhh, so fun.  The kids get a kick out of it. 
But now I want more....thinking taller decor on the sides. 
Hmmm, will work on that.  


Chloe saw my painting and made her own pumpkin patch.  I love this girl! 
She hung it above her bed.  *Note-this is what she was doing when she cut Isaac's hair.*
But I had to close my eyes while she lead me down the hall into her room. 
I'm such a proud mamma!
She did this 100% on her own.  Obviously if we had helped our kids wouldn't have gotten un-supervised haircuts! haha! 
I'm on the left, Royce on the right.  Chloe front & center, Isaac upper middle, and then the twins.  Caroline on the right and Amelia on the left.  She even made Amelia slightly smaller than Caroline. 
But she nailed it.  Purple sky, green grass. 
Love. This. Girl.
She was proud, and rightfully so. 

My second canvas was an even better find.  It's a HUGE canvas that is more sturdy than any I've seen.  A young artist had a beach painting on it.  It was very BRIGHT so when I bought it at a garage sale Robynn kind of looked at me funny.  Hey--it was $3.00!
Now it matches my throw pillows in the den and is hung over the TV for now until after Halloween when it will go above the fireplace where the pumpkin picture is now. 

Instant art for a whopping total cost of $4.00, about three hours of my time, and a little bit of human hair. I had all of the paint. Chloe & Isaac supplied the hair. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment