Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmases #2 & #4

December 23rd we traveled to Bucklin, KS to celebrate with Sandy's side of the family. 
I love and appreciate this side of the family so much.  Such nice people and good company.  Always an enjoyable time and a lot of laughs.  There are no kids in the Woodruff/Huelsman clan anymore.  Twins Cody and Austin were about 15 months when I met them, Kat not much older.  Now they are all in high school and the boys are, well, grown up and Kat is a beautiful young lady. 
 
Did I mention Miss Kat belongs to this crew?  Maybe that is part of my enjoyment.
I never have to talk my kids into going.  Kat walks on water and is so much help with the little ones. 
 

Kat even decorated cupcakes for the kids!
 
Andy is shown in the background here.  But Andy was most certainly NOT in the background for Amelia.  Amelia LOVED Andy!  She cried, he held her, she was content.  He even helped her open her presents.  It was very sweet.   
 
 
Skipping ahead to the other side of my husband's family.  The Purintons!
We gathered on Christmas morning for brunch.
Look at this spread!
Cinnamon apples, fruit parfaits, monkey bread, bacon, fried oatmeal, breads, and quiche.
Whew! 

Grandpa even played some Christmas carols on his guitar for the older kids.  

Toys, toys, and more toys!

There were kids every which way you looked. 
 
And in the evening the men smoked a wild turkey that they shot a few weeks ago. 
Chloe and Gabi got their turn at the wishbone! 

Chloe got the bigger piece.
Gabi, if you wish big enough I'm confident your wish will come true, too!

1 comment:

  1. We keep you guys around for the kid fix! Watching Andy with Amelia gave me a little bit of Granny fever!

    ReplyDelete