Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This is our family.



Isaac brought this masterpiece home from school last week.  They had to draw their families and
I LOVE when my kids draw pictures on blank paper. 
Not coloring pages.  Not connect the dots. 
Blank paper for their little minds to create images.
 
And Isaac very accurately created our family. 
He even got Caroline a little bit bigger than Amelia and he told me right away before I said anything that he had done so.  His attention to detail has really grown lately and I was one very proud momma when I saw this picture.  I can see his little mind and hands drawing each and every line, foot, finger, and nose with care. 
He is my Isaac.
And he drew our family.  
 
Here are more pictures the kids have drawn and painted in the past few months. 



Chloe's class does a paper craft with each letter of the alphabet. 
They are almost done with the letters and I wish I would have kept them all for a while. 
It's pretty cute what they come up with to make but what impresses me most is her handwriting on each page.  She is VERY good at writing on their journaling sheets and it's fun to see the nice, clean letters she is creating.  
 
Isaac painted the bus picture for me.
He painted it at home and even put most of the people in purple shirts for K-State:)
 
Chloe and Isaac each wanted to draw Halloween pictures for decorations around the house.
Chloe did hers first.  I didn't even know she was doing it and I was blown away at what she came up with!  What detail!  And again, on a blank sheet of paper.  SHE created this out of HER ideas.
Love my creative kids!
*Note above:  The things Chloe pointed out to me were the spider web, blood on the skeleton, and banged up bones.  Such good detail on the spine I might add!  And she filled all of her negative space with sky.  Love it.  It is displayed on the fireplace mantle. 
 
Isaac copied Chloe's skeleton for his picture which is on the front door. 
 
Isaac's picture earned a frame for his room!
 
Chloe has several pictures hanging and Isaac has finally gotten to the point that he is
proud to show off his work.
Way to go, Isaac!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment