Friday, March 30, 2012

March 2012 - A Day In Our House


A few of my blogging friends have done “A day in the life” type blogs documenting everything they did that particular day.  I thought I’d give it a shot.  Let’s face it, these days are C R A Z Y.  We are B U S Y.  All the time.  But I love it.  Although I might not always show it, I do love it.  This is our life that God hand-picked for us.  We laugh, we cry, we might even yell.  But at the end of the day we go to bed in a happy home. 
I read a quote in the paper a few weeks ago about a mother who had a handful of kids under the age of 5 or 6 as well.  She said, “The days are long but the years are short.”  I can completely relate to that.  You know those days when you have so much to do and it’s all on a time schedule?  I think of days that we’re out of town for a wedding…waking up, getting everybody dressed for morning activities, lunch by a certain time so we can get dressed for the wedding, get kids fed a snack, get to the reception, keep an eye on your kids while at the reception, figure out who is getting kids to bed, then FINALLY get kids in bed.  You know those kinds of days?  Keeping everyone clean and everyone on a schedule?  Well, that is everyday for us.  Although, I don't worry so much about the clean part-haha!  We have four little kids and we are constantly focused on them.  Okay, well, I might not have been focused on them when Caroline fell down the steps, but you know what I mean.  Every night when the kids all get in bed we can finally let our guard down.  We are tired and relieved that we made it through the day.

So--here goes nothin' !

5:55am  girls wake up.  Royce heads to couch with Amelia; I give Caroline a bottle and she goes back to bed at 6:10.
7:45 Royce wakes me up.  Isaac and Amelia are in the living room, he and Amelia snoozed until about 7:20 and Caroline is just waking up.  We take turns on who stays up during the morning hours before work.  Royce goes downstairs at 8:00 but remains accessible if I need back-up for someone. 
8:05  I wake Chloe up.  She starts getting dressed
8:10  Chloe can't decide on clothes
8:15 Chloe can't decide on clothes
8:20 Chloe can't decide on clothes
8:25 I’m giving PRAISE for school uniforms next year.
8:30 Chloe is dressed, hair done.
8:40 Chloe gets to Happy Days.
8:50 Breakfast for the twins.  Isaac ate a granola bar--his choice 99% of mornings for breakfast.
9:10 Twins are done with breakfast; I stall them at the table so I can eat a bowl of cereal and check morning email.
9:20  Bath time for the twins.  Isaac watches a cartoon.
 



Now it's Amelia's turn to help with Caroline's bath.


9:45 Twins are dressed; they will play for a little bit before morning nap.
10:00 I lay the girls down for morning nap.  Isaac goes outside to play.  I sit and write the morning part of this blog.
10:10 Check on twins, this is what I find.  


No surprise.  Amelia dropped her pacifier and frog out of the crib so I laid her back down, put both items in place.  Caroline still had snugglies so I just laid her back down and put all items in place. 


10:15 Babies are asleep


I cover the babies up and I’m headed for the shower.  Royce listens to the monitor and Isaac.  I get a load of laundry started and Isaac his morning snack.

11:13 Someone is awake!  Since the girls had good naps I’ll let them wake up in their cribs and talk/play for a while.  If it were a short nap I’d go snag the one that is awake so they don’t wake the other.  But it sounds like they are babbling now so I’ll let them wake up a bit. 

12:30 LUNCH!  Isaac has watered plants outside and then needed rescued from the top of the jungle-gym dome.  He came inside and we did puzzles while the babies ate. 

1:00 On the floor to play again.  Eventually head to the basement to finish up laundry.



2:00 read books before nap time.  *note, the twins don’t let us get too far out of sight.  They are ALWAYS by my side.  Isaac is a good sport and shares a lot of this time and toys with the twins. 

2:20 Amelia goes down for a nap.
2:30 Caroline goes down for a nap.  I start cleaning up Easter accessories.  We got new baskets over the weekend but I’m NOT cleaning all this stuff up everyday until Easter.  It can come out again at Easter and be out for a while when the baskets are full of goodies!  To the storage room it goes!
3:45 Caroline wakes up.  Snuggles---ahhhh!  I usually don’t get those! 

4:15 Amelia wakes up but I got a request from a friend to take a survey for her schooling so I’d better do that first!  I have my degree in Marketing and understand how important it is for people to participate in surveys.  Amelia plays in her crib.
4:20 snack for all the kids. 
4:30  pork chops in the oven
4:50 head to the garage to clean it out.  Sweep & clean up training wheels (another blog!)
With the twins crawling it is pretty hard to go outside as a family.  So the pack 'n play has been an outside addition lately.  They get upset after about 30 minutes or so, but we'll take what we can get. 



5:10 pick Chloe up from Happy Days.  Come home and play in the driveway some more.  Chloe and Isaac LOVE riding their bikes and we are so thankful for the nice weather into the evenings. 

5:35 I come inside to eat.  Twins come in as well and hang in their table while I’m in the kitchen. 

6:00 I head out to paint!  Royce is in charge!  *I typically wouldn’t paint on a week night but SOMEBODY in my house is going hog hunting in Oklahoma this weekend therefore leaving me to finish up my project tonight & tomorrow instead of Saturday.  Oh, the things I do for my husband ;)  I’m laughing because he does so much for me this is the least I can do…but I’ll milk it for what I can! Haha! *

6:10 Chloe goes over to Tessa’s to play for a couple hours.  Royce feeds the kids.  The twins are typically a little better for him than they are for me.  They actually let him get out of sight at times and play on their own.  I get this on occasion, but not very often. 

8:00 Chloe comes home.  She is a huge help with the twins, but while she was at Tessa's Isaac was "Daddy Isaac" and gave a bottle to one of the girls.  He really comes through when we need him to as well.  Having an extra set of hands to give a bottle really is a huge help. 

8:15 Caroline goes to bed

8:30 Chloe and Isaac go to bed

8:45 Amelia goes to bed

11:30 I call Royce as I’m leaving my project—what a long day!

11:54 I type this right now!  Royce is snoring on the couch.  Waiting up for me I see. 

And that, my friends, was March 27, 2012.  A lot of people ask me where I find time to blog.  I don't find time, I make time to blog.  This is our life and these are our memories.  Memories I hope we have for a long, long time.  The printed books of our blog are wonderful keepsakes for our kids so I hope to add as much detail as I can.  They are worth every bit of it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment