Sunday, March 11, 2012

Catching up on February

These girls are E V E R Y W H E R E.
They both started crawling between 7-8 months.  And pulling up on everything shortly after.
It doesn't matter who is in the way, they will crawl wherever they want to get!


Chloe and Isaac really do love the babies.  One time Isaac did ask me,
"Mom, do we have too many kids?"

I laughed, and said, "No.  We have the perfect amount of kids."


Amelia's bright blues!  For now anyway...I think they might be turning brown.
 Caroline feeling left out.

Who can crawl to the camera fastest?!?

"Hi Momma!"


Speaking of crawling: we moved the dog water to the back door so that the girls didn't get into it in the main walkway.  But that didn't last long.  They make their way to the back door quite easily to play in the water.  The dish is now outside 100% of the time. 

 And Chloe gets some snuggles, too. 
I can't say enough what a good helper that Chloe is. 

Whoa there Caroline! 
That is some crazy bed-head!!!
(And an orange nose, too!  You'd think they don't get green food.  They do--really!)
 Who, me???

February also brought their first ear infections.  When Isaac turned four I took Caroline in with us to his well-check because she was getting gunky eyes.  I expected pink-eye but did not expect the double ear infections also in the diagnosis.  So I took Amelia in the next day and she also had a double ear infection.  So we started the first round of antibiotics and two weeks later my suspicions were correct--still two babies with double ear infections.  We then started different antibiotics and administered them for ten days.  These were the longest ten days as this antibiotic did a number on their systems and just burned their little butts to no end.  Poor Grandma Sandy had the girls for four days during this time and changed LOTS of diapers and applied LOTS of cream.  We'll go back in on Tuesday and make sure this round of antibiotics did the trick.  I sure hope so. 

The last 'first' that I'm going to talk about is Miss Caroline. 
See Miss Caroline kneeling in the light pink at the top of the steps?

Now see how many steps there are?
Yes, Miss Caroline fell down all of these steps for the first time. 

The girls were playing so well.  I was at my computer (roughly 10 feet from the OPEN gate on the stairs) and I had thought to myself how well the girls were playing...leaving me alone...leaving each other alone.  They were just doing great.  I never took the time to look over at the gate because they were being so good. 

Then I heard the thumping.

I screamed/gasped/yelled/did something.

I took off running.

Royce stepped out of his office and met Caroline at the bottom of the steps. 

She was screaming but immediately got herself up on all fours and tried sitting up.  Since she was moving so well I went ahead and picked her up and held her.  We got her calmed with a pacifier and could look her over.  She was fine, just REALLY mad.  I don't think she enjoyed the ride whatsoever. 

So here are the girls again. 
With the gate CLOSED.

When will it be Amelia's turn?
Knowing these girls, it'll happen someday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment