Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Awesome Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderful, as usual! Royce is awesome at preparing the kids for Mother's Day and he always gives me the whole weekend to relax and do activities that I enjoy. The kids were great and we had a great weekend. On Mother's Day morning the kids came in and snuggled by me in bed and asked to watch cartoons. Royce went to the TV in our room and pushed play, showing a video that he had the kids make for me. They said Happy Mother's Day and Chloe sang a song. It was so sweet that they had 'planned' the whole cartoon idea just to surprise me. Then I got multiple cards & crafts, along with a gift certificate for a pedicure and also some Nike flip-flops I've been wanting. Everything was really sweet. Royce had made homemade cinnamon rolls (my favorite breakfast) and we went to church. After church they took me to get a sweet tea from McDonald's...also a favorite drink of mine! And then we went to a greenhouse to get flowers for our outdoor flowerbeds. It was BEAUTIFUL outside and we enjoyed every bit of being out working in the yard.
In the evening the kids insisted on washing my car for me. So Royce set them up and they worked until it was all clean. They're so cute when they're focused on getting something done like that.



I'm so blessed to have such a great husband and great kids. Royce takes such good care of me and hasn't complained once about all of the housework, kid-duty, baths, etc. that he's been doing more of since I rest more often. And the kids have been great too. They know I can't hold them or lift them, they also let me rest when I need to, and they are getting excited for the babies to come.
I'm 99% done with Chloe & Isaac's room so hopefully I can get pictures of it up soon. The twins room is close behind, mainly needing to focus on arrangement of furniture & accessories. We're so close!
Thanks again to Royce and my kids for treating me so fantastic on Mother's Day. I don't feel I do anything out of the ordinary to deserve their great treatment but I sure do appreciate it and feel so blessed to have them as my husband & kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment