Monday, May 20, 2013

My big 3-0 !

My birthday celebration was split into 3 days.  We went out Saturday evening (after all tornado warnings had lifted for Ellis county) to Cancun Mexican Grill for dinner.  We have a group of friends who we celebrate everyone's birthday with and luckily everyone was able to make it.  Robynn & Dustin joined us at the Golden Q and we got the night going! 
 

We ended up at Singer's where there was a live band playing 80's music.  Who doesn't love dancing and screaming the words to 80's music, I mean really?!?  It was a blast! 
*Julie, Rachel, Kristin, Elton John, and Robynn*

Sunday we went to WaKeeney (again, after tornado warnings and hail had left the area) and mom cooked for everyone.  It was a really fun family celebration and delicious food & ice-cream cake. 
 
Amelia put her own hats on!



 
Today, on my actual birthday the kids and I walked to the park for about 2 hours this morning.  It was so beautiful out and we are really seeing some things get easier with the twins.  They played so well at the park and could go up ladders, down slides, swing, and play.  It was so enjoyable. 
 
The kids asked if they could take me to KFC for lunch...how can I say no to that?  Hays does have a 2-story KFC you know.  It's just as good as Disney World in their eyes. 
 
 
Chloe had dance, Isaac had t-ball practice, so the evening was back to reality.  But I am so blessed by everyone's kind words and gestures for my birthday and appreciate it so much.  I didn't have a problem turning 30.  I'm so proud of our family and just truly feel honored to be in charge of these little people.  If they grow and get older then I guess I should too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment