Saturday, August 27, 2011

Three months!

These girls are just so happy!  Last weekend we spent the night at the lake in my aunt & uncle's "little house" as Isaac calls it.  They let us stay in their camper as they were not at the lake for the weekend and we had such a great time.  Amelia & Caroline woke up very happy and rested!

Here are some 3-month pictures.  It does seem like they should be three months old, but they are still pretty tiny.  Which is great when it comes to a snuggling standpoint.  They are keeping their same features...Amelia with a more narrow forehead than Caroline, and just smaller overall.  They are both good babies and they are sleeping really well.  Right now they are going to bed around 10pm and waking around 6am.  I can't complain about that!  Plus they are really heavy nappers so they do rest a lot during the day also. 

Big peepers!
 Little Sister (by age) Caroline was pretty mellow during these pictures.  Big Sister Amelia however was quite happy!  Such sweet girls. 

Miss Caroline

Miss Amelia

A few things I'm not sure I blogged when Amelia Ann & Caroline Renee were born:
 
Amelia is the name of what would be my great-grandmother on my mom's side.  Amelia (Ruder) Pfannenstiel would have been my maternal grandfather's mother.  Ann is the middle name of my dear friend Jessica Ann (Miles) Wiehe.  Jessica and I have been friends for 10 years now--wow--we're getting old, Jess! 
Caroline is a name that I have always liked.  Our friend Courtney in Kansas City has a sister Caroline who just started school at K-State and in referencing names to people you know with those names, Courtney's Caroline is a sweet girl with lots of pep & energy and always has a smile on her face.  So while we didn't name our Caroline after her, she set a good example for the name that we admired.  Renee is Robynn's middle name.  Caroline is happy to have the middle name of her Auntie!  Both middle names, Ann and Renee, are from the girls in my life who make me laugh, let me vent, let me cry, and love me anyway! 
I also wanted to note that the twins were born at 35 weeks, 5 weeks early.  I had just turned 28 which is fitting since they were born on the 28th.  That will be easy to remember. 

We're getting ready to have some friends over to grill and enjoy the slightly cooler evenings than we've had in the past weeks.  Isaac is doing great at Happy Days, always happy and willing to go in the mornings.  And Chloe is growing up more and more each day.  She'll be FIVE in about a week---Ahhh!!  Hurricane Irene is working her way up the East coast (who also had an earthquake earlier in the week)  so we hope & pray that all of our family and friends back there stay safe with little or no damage to their property.  Also next week--KSU Football!  Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment