Saturday, April 23, 2011

April Updates



Papa giving horse rides!



I haven't updated for a while but all is going well. April has been a nice month for us: Royce has gotten the garden up and running planting broccoli and lettuce in the cooler weather. The weather has been really nice and we've enjoyed many evenings outside which is great for Chloe and Isaac. Chloe and Isaac have spent a lot of time in WaKeeney at the grandparents' houses and that has been nice, too. Our biggest task at home is finishing some unfinished parts of our basement. This started in March with the window installation and has continued into April with framing 2 walls, insulation, electrical, sheet rock, and lastly paint. We are on a slight delay now waiting on carpet but that's okay...we weren't going to re-carpet down there but I came upon some really good used carpet at a client of mine so when they replace in a couple of weeks we will get theirs and that will be nice. So next is getting Chloe & Isaac's room set up. They will have bunk beds in Isaac's room with new bedding & lots of fun stuff. Once Chloe is out of her room then we can set up the nursery in her room. So little by little we're making progress.



I did have another sonogram on Wednesday (one day shy of 30 weeks). The babies look fantastic. Baby A weighed 3 lb 2 oz and measured at 30 weeks 1 day while Baby B weighed 3 lb 7 oz and measured at 30 weeks 4 days. So they are doing as good as we can hope for! Lots of comments on how good they look. However, my cervix is already measuring short which means it has potential to start thinning & opening soon. Not good! It's not a guarantee, as we don't know what it would look like for a 3rd pregnancy anyway, but it's short enough to take some precautions. My doctor did not put me on bedrest, just made sure that I'm fine with cutting all of my activity back and resting as much as I possibly can aside from basic activity. Luckily last week was already scheduled to be my last week of work so the timing worked out fine. I'm officially done working until after the babies come. It feels pretty weird to be done but my body is ready for the break. After all, if this was just one baby I'm measuring at about 36 weeks and have 6 and a half pounds of baby in there already. I also received a 2-shot series of steroid shots to boost the babies' lungs as precaution also.



That is the latest! We are in WaKeeney for the Easter weekend. Royce is out at his family farm turkey hunting and I've got the kids aware that the grandmas are in charge this weekend. Rest for momma & they are slowly understanding that it's only temporary that I can't fulfill all of their requests that I normally would.



Happy Easter to all! Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post from Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment