Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Snicker-noodles"

Today Chloe and I made Snickerdoodles, or "Snicker-noodles" in her words. It all started with a gift. Yesterday was Chloe's last day at the daycare she and Isaac have gone to since I started painting in November. Julie was (and is) great at letting the kids help prepare meals and Chloe often brought treats home that they made at Julie's house. So for Chloe's last day at Julie's house Julie had a special gift for Chloe. Julie had compiled recipes that Chloe had helped prepare or really enjoyed at her house. Plus they were in the cutest pink box, just for Chloe. As soon as we got home yesterday she found a place in the cabinet just for her recipe box. She was so proud!

Today after naps Chloe asked for a snack and opened the cabinet and saw her recipe box. She asked if we could make a special snack from her box and it just so happened that she wanted to make Snicker-noodles. Royce happens to be a HUGE fan of Snicker-doodles. And the best part...I actually had all the ingredients! Ha!

I must say, she is a PRO at making Snicker-noodles. When it came to rolling the dough in balls and in the cinnamon/sugar I could have let her go on her own and she would have done fine. It was so great.

Chloe even helped with dishes...she didn't suddenly disappear from the kitchen like I would have done if I were the helper, ha ha!
Monday Chloe will start going to Happy Days. It's a daycare/preschool. The feeling is bittersweet. I know she's ready to go to a preschool and she will do amazing. And I do know it's not as symbolic as Kindergarten & I don't even want to think of the day that will come. But I do think it will be good for her to have more kids to play with, especially girls. I'll post next week to give an update on how it's going. Happy Days is just 6 houses down and across the street from us. So the normal routine will be for Chloe, Royce, and Lexi to walk. It'll be good for all three of them! And I think it'll be good for Chloe and Isaac to be split for a while. They are such great friends and do play really well together, always thinking of the other. But I think Isaac in particular could use some independence and get to do some thinking on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment