Monday, April 12, 2010

Staining the fence

I had some days off last week so I tackled staining our fence. Our fence was brand new when we bought the house last fall but it never had any product applied to it. So it was pretty in the fall but quite gray already after one winter without sealing. I knew we'd better get it sealed pretty quickly before it was beyond recovery and I'm so glad we did. It looks GREAT. It took me just under 2 work days to do it and I was exhausted. We've got a large back yard and to do both sides took a while. If you look back at the 'nice weather' post from April 7th you can see just how big it is. But complaints are behind me because I'm so thrilled with how the fence looks now. It will be much easier to maintain after this first coat was put on so I know the up-keep won't be so tough.


You can see behind the rose bush what the fence looked like before. The entire fence was that gray and this product restored it so well! And by the way, it was NOT fun staining behind the rose bushes. OUCH!


The finished fence!

1 comment:

  1. how bout staining my HOUSE? We got the stain in the fall, and then it rained and rained and snowed and...well, it's waiting for a calm day now...

    ReplyDelete