Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fireplace Face-lift

I had one weekend home with nothing to do...and Royce knows I don't handle boredom at home very well.  I had brainstormed how I wanted the fireplace to look and I decided I was ready to tackle it.  The only 'demo' involved was removing the mantle.  Everything else was to be attached to the brick. 
 
Before

 During

 My shirtless handyman

AFTER!
 
100% EXACTLY what I had hoped for. 
Two weeks, and not a lot of $$. 
A project like this would have cost the most in labor.  I can't say how many trips I made back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, cutting the stone.  But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 
 
I set the stone, Royce built the mantle, I cut the boards for above the mantle and Royce attached them.  I added the wooden slats on top of the veneer.  And Royce surprised me by building the book case while I was out of town one weekend.  We both had a hand in the under-mantle lighting. 
It is perfect. 
 
And Chloe decorated for Halloween while she was home from school with Strep one day. 


Couldn't be happier with this transformation! 
About 15' of continuous mantle. 
Aaahhhhh, the decorating possibilities!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment