Friday, May 16, 2014

Catching up on Spring!

Isaac fell at recess one day at school and sure skinned up his nose.  He's had a rough year with injuries!  I keep telling him he's too handsome to keep scratching up his face. 

These pictures were before the kids Spring Music program.  Tessa came over and got ready at our house so I curled the girls' hair and they looked great! 
 
Don't they all clean up nicely?

BFF's

What a good looking guy!

 
___________________________________________________
 
Royce was out of town for work for a few days so I shuffled the kids as best I could.  There was one evening I had to stop by a project just for a couple minutes so I could get the color they selected and get instructions for artwork on one wall.  I knew I'd only be inside for about 5 minutes and I knew the homeowner.  I loaded up the kids and went and got Sonic for supper so they could eat in the car while I was in consulting with the homeowner.  Amelia had requested a sandwich even though she usually gets chicken from Sonic so I decided I'd let her start nibbling on my double cheeseburger and then I'd have Chloe make the trade to the chicken when Amelia requested it.  Everything went great -- I got in and out of my consultation as quickly as I had planned.  Then I asked Amelia where my double cheeseburger had gone and she said, "In my tummy!"  She had eaten the WHOLE thing!!  Little stinker -- that was my supper! 
 Guilty girl!
 
She must have been on a roll that day because she cracked us up again that night.  She approached me at my desk with a bulging bottom. 
Me:  "Amelia, why do you have on ALL of your underwear?"
Amelia:  "Because I was cold."
*I counted 11 on her*
 
Rub-a-dub-dub  Three girls in a tub! 

_______________________________________________
 
Kindergarten got to go to the Rolling Hills Zoo again this year!  I drove Kristen and four kiddos as the TMP bus was not available.  Parents helped out and we all had a great day.  The weather was perfect and the zoo was not crowded at all. 





___________________________________________________
 
In Early May Royce, Dustin, and Ron went on a golfing trip to Manhattan & Topeka.  My dad happened to be camping at Webster Lake the same time Royce was gone so the kids and I went up there for the better part of 2 days.  It was a beautiful weekend and while the water was still very cold the kids could play in it and had a great time. 
 
 
___________________________________________________
 
 
Mother's Day morning I was woken by four fantastic kiddos.  They were all dressed for church and very sweetly said, "Happy Mother's Day!" to me.  I got a new pair of tennis shoes and a gift basket with several things inside (scarf, purse, lotion, perfume, candies.)  Isaac had actually won the gift basket through our 4-H fundraiser but since it was all "GIRL STUFF!!!" as he said, he saved the basket and gave it to me for Mother's Day.  It was a very good gesture of his and a good lesson on sharing & giving.  Royce plans out pretty good Mother's Days for me each year -- I am truly blessed to have the family that I do.  I'm one proud Momma.  I can only hope that I am worthy enough to continue to receive the blessings they bring to me. 
 
After church & lunch we drove to WaKeeney to deliver presents to our moms and to Aunt Debby.  The Purintons gathered at Dairy Queen and we shared laughs & enjoyed the company. 

 
Blessings all around!  Thank you, God, for allowing me to be their mother! 
 
Robynn & Dustin had us over that evening for kabobs.  It was a great ending to a very nice day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment