Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Silly pictures

Hold on, Caroline!
 
For the 50th day of school, HFE's kindergarten classes celebrate with 1950's day.
Isaac cooperated, although he did not trust me with his hair.  But he did cooperate and go along with it.  I think he looked great!  I have always thought Isaac looks like my dad.  Boy, oh boy, did this single day as dressing for the 1950's make that come to life.  My dad was born in 1956 so this was really accurate for the time.  And if I had not done Isaac's hair in that particular way we may never have really known how much they do look alike. 
 
 My original picture, with no special lighting.
 
My picture turned to black & white.
I posted this picture and several people who have known dad for years (including his mother!!)
thought it was my dad, Doug.  This is Isaac! 

Time for some side-by-side comparisons!
 
 
 

Speaking of hair--during Red Ribbon week the kids were "Drug Free from Head to Toe" so they got to accessorize each respective part of their body for each of the days of the week.  A fun way for these uniformed kids to have a little creativity!   

 
While painting my cabinets in November I had my big pantry cabinet door out in the garage.  I had painted in the garage for several days and Amelia & Caroline were very cooperative.  I had all of the little doors on a table or on saw-horses.  But the big pantry door I just propped up on empty cereal boxes to raise it off of the ground a bit.  After the final coat of paint should have been dry I looked down at the door and noticed a leaf on it.  I swept the leaf away, knowing the door was dry by then.  Then my hand felt some additional texture.  Hmmm....
 
I went to the end of the door and raised it up so I could catch the glare from the light and this is what I saw indented into my door. 
I guess if a platform is a couple inches off of the ground it makes a perfect runway.
I honestly don't know who did it.  The paint was all-but-dry when it happened because it just dented the paint and left sock fuzzies, but really didn't get paint on any socks.  I think it was Caroline, but it was Amelia who told me Caroline did it and I can't trust Amelia one single bit to tell the truth. 
I put a fresh coat of paint on the door but when I hung it up I could still see the indentions in the reflection from my kitchen light.  I had planned on leaving it, having a fun story to tell.  But in changing our floors out a few weeks later we actually ended up removing the pantry cabinet altogether and getting a new one in a different location.  I'm honestly kind of sad I don't get to have the foot indentions to look at.  I still have the door...maybe it has a future with another purpose just so I can hang onto it a little while longer. 
 
Amelia and Caroline have started alternating days at daycare every once and a while.  Brandi usually has one opening a day, so if there are days that I really need to get other things done I will send one of them to daycare and keep the other with me.  This particular day I had a TON to do so I could meet a project deadline.  A TON to do.  And Amelia was such a sport.  Most people would say "Oh man, I have to take my two year old shopping with me all over town today!" But I said, "Wow, I only have to take one two year old shopping with me all over town today!"  It was fantastic!  Aside from the convenience, it has been really good for the girls to have time apart from each other and get extra one-on-one time with me.  It's amazing how much more they talk, they play with the other one's special toys, and just feel---special.  As they should. 
 

 
Amelia was such a big girl.  She went to paint stores, staging the office I was working on, shopping for furniture for the office I was working on, and back to the office some more.  She was wonderful.  She even fell asleep on one of the bean-bags in the furniture store I was shopping in.  Bad mom?  Nah, just a good, resilient kid.  Roll with the punches, Little Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment