Saturday, March 20, 2010

Artwork

Of course you all know how much I love to paint and appreciate artwork. Chloe is following close at hand. She loves to waterpaint and every so often I let her paint something with my 'grown-up' paint. She colored a really pretty butterfly at daycare a few weeks ago and I wanted to display it in her room. So I found an old frame that I wasn't using and I let Chloe paint it to match her room so we could display the butterfly.
Chloe has several paintings in her room. I let her paint on canvas or paper, whichever she prefers. The canvas is nice because if it's just a silly picture we just paint white over it and get to do it again. She is very good at coloring, too. She takes so much time to fill in each section, then she ends up using the same color for the entire picture so her hard work is under-appreciated in the end. But I know how much time she takes and her attention to detail and I love it. Here are some pictures of her using the grown-up paint on the picture frame, and then a picture of some of her art hanging in her room.



No comments:

Post a Comment