Monday, November 30, 2009

Great weekend

Wow...this whole 'living close to family' thing is so easy! We had such a great Thanksgiving. 2 minute drive to Robynn's for Turkey-day lunch, then 30 minute drive to WaKeeney for the Purinton dinner. No packing, better yet--no unpacking, it was so darn easy! It's exactly what Royce and I had hoped for in moving back west.
That being said, this coming weekend we are off to KC for our first visits! We miss everyone there so much and can't wait to see them all. Friday Royce has his company Christmas luncheon so I will get to see my former co-workers for lunch. Then Friday night we have our annual White Elephant Christmas party with friends we've had since we moved to KC in 2004. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll take the kids by their former daycare and we also want to spend some quality time with our neighbor Don. Don was very much a family member to us while we were in KC and I'm excited for the kids to see him and to get to play on his bridge again. We miss him dearly! Most importantly, I'm looking forward to seeing my friend Jessica. We moved at a rough time in Jessica's life and I can't wait to hug her and catch up a bit. She has the most beautiful daughter Kaylin and I can't wait to see the smile that doesn't quit. And if her husband is around, well, then the kids will have another 'kid' to play with because he's so great with them. He is, after all, the one that taught Chloe to blow her straw wrappers!
Okay, enough rambling. I'll have new pictures to post when we get back from KC. It's DECEMBER. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment