Thursday, October 8, 2009

What a day

This day was unlike any we have had lately. Our kids were awful! What has happened? Clearly the rainy weather keeping us inside all day was not a good thing. Isaac cried and drooled and dripped from his nose all day long. Yep, I dosed him up before bed. Poor baby has popped 3 teeth since we have been in Hays. The last 4 or 5 days have been okay for him but not today. And today he decided to take up hitting. He's only hit once or twice before but today a quick slap followed all of his requests. He follows it up with the cutest apology but come on!?!?! And Miss Chloe. That little girl has been so good lately she has gotten a lot of treats and snacks because I haven't had a reason to do differently. She's been awesome, she dresses herself, combs her hair, eats great and then puts her PJ's on without being asked after dinner. Today was a reality check. She was a yeller and screamer today. I don't know how many times she was in time out and things got pretty ugly at dinner time. She didn't want anything I offered but she finally ASKED for Ramen noodles. We never have those and I happened to picked some up at the store which is what prompted her to ask for them. So I made them and she didn't want them, of course. She ended up in her room 2 or 3 times before I practically force feed her just so I could win the argument. I won. She ate her bowl of noodles and took a drink between each bite just to let me know how much she hated them. I still won.

Royce and I looked at each other several times and asked if tonight was worse than when all four of us had the flu in January. I'm really not sure which was worse. My mom came and bailed us out of the flu predicament in January so I think tonight was worse.

Anyone want to babysit???

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is...been there, done that! Oh, and I can say...just wait till she's 13. HA!

    ReplyDelete