Sunday, April 17, 2016

K-S-U Wildcats!

We took all the kids to a few games this year.  We sold more games than previous years but as kids grow up their schedules fill up, and we're only in the beginning stages of this! 
The games we did go to we thoroughly enjoyed.  Nothing makes Royce and I more proud than hearing our offspring belt out the words to Crazy Train as we pull out of the driveway on our way to Manhattan for some K-State football! 


 
 
We had KSU outfits passed down from some Kansas City friends so it was fun to let the girls wear them on a nice day! Getting serious pictures was a little tougher....
 
We even surprised Royce this year during the football season.  He had a business training trip to Chicago that kept him away for a week.  He flew out of Manhattan and, originally, I was going to drive to Manhattan to meet him and go to the KSU game the next day.  However plans changed and he decided he was going to drive home so we could all go to the game together.  All that driving was just silly so the kids and I loaded up Friday evening and headed to the Manhattan airport to surprise him.  And boy did we!  I got the reunion on video and it was about as picture perfect as I could have imagined. 

 
I think their smiles in this second picture tell on their own how much these kiddos loved surprising their daddy.  The surprise was successful.  Dan and Linda were in on my secret and had beds waiting for us when we arrived.  Royce was pretty chatty as he had downed some Starbucks on the flight so he could drive the 2 hours home.  Hehehe!  It was worth the 10pm caffeine high for the fun surprise. 

And I had my first ever girls football trip! This was a Thursday evening game and Holy Family and TMP did not have school the next day.  Kathy and Rachel needed to attend an insession in Salina on Friday so us four gals loaded up Thursday after lunch and headed to the game!  We somehow finagled Kristin into true and honest K-State clothing and we had a wonderful time.  Rachel witnessed Kathy being honored the next day with her 30 year pin for service at TMP.  And Kristin and I tore up a few stores in Salina and she introduced me to the Cozy Burgers! How had I never had these before?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment