Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sweet at 17

The last weekend in February I took Chloe and Isaac down to Bucklin to paint Kat's room for her 17th birthday.  I had seen her bedding at Christmas and it worked out to actually paint her room on her birthday.  It was a fun trip for the kids and I.  Chloe and Isaac are great in the car and we had a fun road trip--music blaring, dancing in our seats, singing, and goofing off.  We got a good start on Kat's room on Saturday, took a break for a birthday meal in Dodge City, then kept painting.  There was another snow storm in the works and when my weather alarm on my phone went off at 4:08am warning me about the snow I decided to just get up and keep painting.  It was NOT how I planned to spend my early morning hours but it worked out just fine. 
 
The room turned out beautiful!  I love artwork on the walls and this was no exception.
Miss Kat has a nice room to finish out her high school years and her mother will have a nice room left over as she has threatened Kat to never take the bedding with her :) 
 

 
The walls in this corner are magnetic on the top half.  Magnetic primer takes four coats so there is a lot of sitting and waiting involved in this process. 
Good thing I was with good company to pass the time!
 
A pretty room for a pretty lady!
Happy Birthday, Kat! 
 
_______________________________________________________
 
THIS is what hit within the 24 hours after I left.
I may have been a bit ahead of myself at 4:30 in the morning
 but I'm still glad I got the heck out of there!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment