Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Baby Chase Day!"

Tuesday, November 6, 2012
According to Kaylin Beth Wiehe:  "Baby Chase Day!"
 
Our friend Jessica was induced early on Tuesday.  I decided to drive to KC late Monday evening so I could be there whenever I received "the call" that I could go to the hospital.  I realized if I waited to drive Tuesday morning I would probably not use my best judgement for how fast I should drive and whatnot so my better judgement just told me to go on Monday.  Deal. 
 
I shopped Monday morning a couple blocks from St. Luke's South in Overland Park and marked several Christmas gifts off my list.  I'm not sure how many laps I made around Kohls just WAITING to be contacted!  Finally, 11:00am I could go to the hospital.  Jessica and Cale were settled and just waiting for more progress.  I arrived around 11:30am.  It didn't take long to make progress!
 
I don't think I was in the room much more than an hour when the nurse said it was time for some pushing.  Lana and I headed for the waiting room and more visitors arrived as we waited, the first of which was BIG SISTER KAYLIN!  It's always so good to get a hug from that little girl. 
Pictured below - Lana, Courtney, Kaylin, Aunt Chris, Angie (Grandpa Bill not pictured)
 
 Baby Chase is here!!
Cale coming to give the good news!

 
Just look at this handsome little man looking at his beautiful mama. 


Chase Allan Wiehe
7 lb 1 oz.  19.5"
1:26pm
November 6, 2012



First bath (aka "lung testing")
 
Ahhhh, the heat lamps!
And look at all this room I have to streeeetch! 
 
I'd hold this little guy all day.

 
Kaylin holding Chase for the first time.
 
So precious! 
 
Welcome to the world little guy!
(Psssst!  It's a great year to be a Wildcat.) 
 
________________________________________________________________
 
Chase at 1 week
Did I mention he was handsome?!?!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment