Sunday, April 22, 2012

Conversation with a four year old.

While driving to the store with Isaac a while back he was sitting in the back seat and asked me when he was going to be an uncle.  I understand figuring out the proper order of a family tree can be confusing so we always take the time to explain.  I informed him that Chloe, Amelia, or Caroline would have to have babies for him to be an uncle--or that his wife's siblings would have to have babies for him to be an uncle.  I knew that was a stretch for his comprehension but it was worth a shot.  Here is how the rest of the conversation went.  M is Me/Megan/Mom and I is Isaac.

M: Are you going to get married some day?
I: *SIGH* I guess.
M: Are you going to have kids?
I: Well ya!
M: Will you have a boy kid or a girl kid?
I: Um, one of each.
M:  Which will you have first?
I: The girl kid.  Then the boy kid.
M: What will you do with the boy kid?
I: Play sports.  ALL the sports.
M: What will you do with the girl kid?
I: Um, sports too.  And play with dolls I guess.
M: I think the girl kid will like sports.
I: Ya, but I'll play dolls with her too. 
M: That would be nice of you.  Well if you are going to have kids I think you will want to get married first.
I: *Lip motorboat sound* Oh, OKAY!
M: So you'll get married some day?
I: (loudly and matter-of-factly) YES.  BUT SHE HAS TO WEAR ALL WHITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment