Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ice-Skating!


Last year for Thanksgiving we went to Colorado to my dad's, also known as Granddad to my kiddos.  I was about 8 weeks prego with the twins but hadn't told the family yet as I couldn't get into the doctor until 10 weeks.  But while in Colorado we saw the ice-skating rink while shopping and Chloe wanted to try.  I obviously couldn't take her, and Royce didn't feel comfortable taking her.  So nobody ice-skated.  This year I was bound & determined to get the girl on the ice.  We had so much fun!

The first lap was a little rough.  Okay...a lot rough.  It took at least 10 minutes.  Chloe and Isaac spent more time on their bottoms than they did on their feet.  But Royce was really patient with Chloe and helped get her on the right track.  Isaac and I kind of goofed off :)  But several laps into it and both kids had made huge improvements.  By the last lap, Chloe was skating by herself.  She did great.  And Isaac went from skating between our feet simply steering his skates straight, to skating beside us only holding one hand. 








 Skating by herself!




Arms out for balance!
 I love this picture of Chloe and I looking at each other. 





No comments:

Post a Comment