Friday, December 31, 2010

Final blog of 2010!

Wow, what a year this has been! We have lived in Hays for over a year and have enjoyed every bit of it. 2010 brought Royce's 30th birthday, Isaac's 2nd, my 27th, and Chloe's 4th. We also went on our first REALLY big vacation road trip in September. Royce and I can't believe what a great trip it was and how great the kids were for all of the 3,400 miles! We have enjoyed Hays events: Pool, FHSU football & basketball games, and Larks baseball this summer. We had several trips to Kansas City to see our friends who are not any further in our hearts just because they are further in miles. And we also had the big news of another baby on the way!

Our children seem to be growing before our eyes even quicker than I knew would happen. One of my favorite moments of 2010 from Chloe was when she and I were playing on her bed. We were snuggling, giggling, and being silly girls. Chloe then looked at me and gave me a big hug and kiss, telling me this: "Mommy, thank you for picking me from all of the babies God had to pick from." I think before leaving the room to cry I was able to mumble, "Honey, God knew you and Mommy were meant to be together." I love this little girl. She is so big, mature, and sassy. And I wouldn't change a thing about her.

Isaac has amazed us before our eyes just as much. He has grown and matured so much this year. He is such a big boy and is pesky little brother 100%. He brought our first ER run last January and I have a feeling we're not done with that by any means. He is quick to tell us how much he loves us, asks to snuggle, and makes us laugh everyday. One of my favorites is when he noticed that his big-boy 'underwears' have a pocket in the front:) He was quite impressed with himself for that discovery! I'm excited to see Isaac with a new baby sibling. While he used to be the jealous kid when other babies are around he is now very gentle and good with babies. He snuggles, kisses, and is content just holding them. I know he will be a proud and protective big brother and that his little brother or sister is going to be lucky to have him around.

I couldn't be luckier than to have Royce as my parenting partner. He is an amazing husband and father. As I type this he is in the back yard with the kids playing in the snow, pulling them in the sled on our flat, flat lawn. *Okay, I just checked on them again and he has propped a ladder up on a table and they are sledding down the ladder into the snow. I guess we might start working towards the new insurance deductible quicker than I hoped.* He takes care of me and lets me rest while I'm sick in the mornings with the pregnancy and I can't thank him enough for that.

I can't wait to see what 2011 brings for our blessed family. We thank God everyday for our health, careers, and opportunities. I recently discovered that I can have my blog turned into a keepsake book with all of the entries printed and hardbound. I will end with this post for 2010 and have one book made. I'm excited to see all of our events in a keepsake book and I hope I'm doing my job as a mother of making sure the memories are not forgotten. I am one very, very proud and blessed mother.

Happy New Year!
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment