Sunday, May 9, 2010

A nice weekend

We had a great weekend, as usual. We got up EARLY on Saturday to head to Ellis where I dropped Royce off to golf with Ron and Jeremy (Ron's-daughter-Megan's-husband). At that point I drove with the kids to WaKeeney and spent the morning with Megan and her kids, Devin and Carlee. It was such a nice morning. The kids played so great and Carlee even got to celebrate her 5th birthday which is this coming Thursday. The rest of Saturday brought us all getting ready for Jared Hager's wedding. Jared was a classmate and family friend of all of ours. Carlee was the flower girl and she looked so sweet. The wedding was outdoors and they had a perfect day. We got nice pictures at the reception of Ron's branch of the family tree all together. Chloe had a blast at the dance. Devin was great dancing with her and she showed off all her moves (as you can see in the video).

Sunday was a nice Mother's Day. I'm so blessed to have such a great husband and kids. I had asked for a cookie jar and Royce came through. I've never had a cookie jar and this last Christmas I got one that looks like a present and it was kinda fun to have around. Plus whenever I make cookies I always struggle to find a sealed container that works very well. So this cookie jar looks nice in the kitchen (year round) and seals well. It is perfect. And Royce threw in a gift certificate for a pedicure too so that's not bad either:)

I hope all mothers out there are as loved and appreciated as they so much deserve. A special Mother's Day wish to my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmas. You are all so special to us and we love and respect you so much.

The last picture is of Isaac and Grandpa Purinton snuggling while watching Mickey Mouse this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment